Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Rest of the Go-Giver Story

Time does fly by. I had every intention of more regular posts on the Go-Giver 5 Laws of Stratospheric Success. But, here I am feeling guilty and not being able to sleep because I haven't posted anything in awhile. There's a lot I haven't been able to do lately that is also keeping me from sleeping. Nonetheless, this is my opportunity to continuing to Give Back by making the time to blog. So, I've summarized the 5 laws below and will wrap up my take on the last 3 laws.

1. The Law of Value:
Your true worth is determined by how much more you give in value than take in payment.

2. The Law of Compensation:
Your income is determined by how many people you serve and how well you serve them.

3. The Law of Influence:
Your influence is determined by how abundantly you place other people’s interest first.

4. The Law of Authenticity:
The most valuable gift you have to offer is yourself.

5. The Law of Receptivity:
The key to effective giving is to stay open to receiving.

I wrote about my applications of Laws 1 and 2 in my prior posts. Now, I want to share my applications and results from Laws 3, 4, and 5.

Over the last 6-8 weeks I've been working with Insured Title Agency in St. Louis and Tampa Bay to launch Mortgage Pledge in their markets. I've had the opportunity to be in a position of influence by speaking to many groups of Realtors, Mortgage Companies, and other Affinity Partners in these cities. I've taken this opportunity to not self-promote myself, Mortgage Pledge, or my agenda. Rather, I've taken this opportunity to help Insured Title Agency's business develop in these markets. My approach has been simple. I'm hear for you. You tell me how I can help you utilize Mortgage Pledge to enhance your relationships and your business. I've also taken this approach in our group meetings by sharing the story of Tom's Shoes with all the participants. Law 3 in action. The response has been terrific and the excitement about Mortgage Pledge is building as a result.

I've also been modifying my presentation on Mortgage Pledge to each group by adding more stories about my personal experiences and motivations for starting Mortgage Pledge. The feedback from the participants has been terrific. In fact, based on one of the Insured Title Agency reps in Tampa, I even revised my company's values to include the value of Sincerity. In a discussion with Kerry in Tampa, we determined that this is the core principal behind the success of Mortgage Pledge. Sincere members of the network believing in the concept of giving back as a means to enhance their communities and their business. She noted that when I presented my stories, my sincerity is what excited her most about the program. Law 4 in action. The result has been a stronger message and buy in.

Finally, the most amazing things have been happening with Mortgage Pledge recently. Robyn in St. Louis had an opportunity to talk with Senator John McCain about Mortgage Pledge. This came about because of a discussion with the owner of Tom's Shoes. Tom's Shoes has expressed a firm commitment in being a partner with Mortgage Pledge to work together to co-market and grow both our cause-based businesses. Greenwala and Mortgage Pledge are in discussions about co-marketing our cause-based businesses together. Mortgage Pledge has an opportunity to present to VISA about a national affiliation...and I fully expect this type of Karma to continue. Law 5 in action! The results speak for themselves.

Go-Give and experience it for yourself!

No comments: